Monday, August 10, 2009

Yes - this also happened in July!

For some reason - we haven't had many pool days this summer (as my tan will now prove.) I guess we had a couple in St. George, but my camera didn't accompany us. I still might be protesting the fact that I hate my camera(s). I know - spoiled brat - someday I'll take viewing worthy pictures!



I took the kids to Camp Williams to swim. There's no slide, diving board, waterfall, lazy-river, nothing fun...just water. A lot of water. But the best part is, is that it's only $1 per person!

Military perk!

I didn't even take any toys or floaty things for the kids to play with. I figure...they have each other to play with and all kinds of water games. Hand stands, marco polo, races (I know, I'm stretching it, huh?)

Unfortunately, this day we decided to visit the pool, it was rather windy and not super hot, so if you got in the water...you didn't want to get out because you would run the risk of freezing to death! Also, there was a football camp going on there (you know where this is going?) How was I supposed to know that after only 30 minutes of us enjoying the pool with very few people, that more than 100 teen boys would be swarming us and overtaking the pool.

I learned that teen boys don't really care about personal space. Normally I wouldn't have minded, but I happened to wear a swim suit that was more for fewer tan lines, if you know what I mean, than for modesty. Still one piece, but I surely have no business wearing that suit anymore. It's older than Lauren - but it's a J Crew suit and still super cute...just not on my blankety-blank-blank body!

Teenage boys playing tag - and trying to pull each other into the pool - all while literally dripping freezing cold pool water on my back, and jumping over the top of me, as I tried to dig a hole in the ground with my mind to disappear - my mind was envisioning something extremely frightening to look at from the back angle. Was I right next to the pool and kind of in their way, you ask?

NO!

I was way off to the side! I still wonder why.

They finally left. The water level dropped about 1 ft. and the kids had fun playing again since they weren't being bullied to either the shallow end or the deep end where they clung to the side of the pool and made wild hair styles under the water.

See! They didn't need toys/floaty things after all!

1 comment:

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

I needed a good smile today! Lauren was the best in that picture by herself! Loved it! Looks like tons of fun!