A big bonus of being able to buy my grandma Jane's house is finding all kinds of treasures. My grandma has had this old original screen door up in her garage attic for...since before I can remember. For some reason, she decided to upgrade to a commercial, aluminum model...which I still really enjoy even though Willie can push it open if he gets a running start (always when he hears the ice cream truck), but ever since we got this old screen door down out of the attic, I have been so excited to get it restored and back up.
So, of course...Will has been working for the past few weekends trying to restore it and repair the screen and sand and stain it. It's beautiful!
Typical Will: Working on the screen door on his self-made tool bench - complete with wheels/casters, drawers, hooks. Sometimes it's scary how smart and handy he is!So, of course...Will has been working for the past few weekends trying to restore it and repair the screen and sand and stain it. It's beautiful!
This was my job until the gloves I was wearing disintegrated and the skin on my fingers started to crack open. Brasso is great for the hardware - but not skin.
This is the before. I'm sure Will will get the door finished this weekend so I'll take a picture of the after. I love our house. I love that it's old and full of great memories - from my childhood and from now!
No comments:
Post a Comment