Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Add this to the list

A few weeks ago, I got a new car. Not exactly the one I was planning on getting, but I love it and I can finally give Will his truck back after 2 years. I wasn't too thrilled about driving a huge truck around as a family car anyway. Not quite the "image" I was going for. When I think of girls driving pick-up trucks - as their first choice - they usually have big, long hair, wear pants that are too tight, own cowboy boots, and can pull a horse trailer. So not me!

So gladly, I will FINALLY let Will drive the truck that fits him so much better than a 20 year old Honda with almost 300 thousand miles. I would always get the image in my head of "Bob Parr" aka Mr. Incredible, jam packed into his teeny-tiny car, when I saw Will drive away in the Honda. Anyway...


I just discovered something AWESOME about my car...or something temporarily AWESOME about my car. Of course, most new cars come with a trial of XM radio for a few months. So I preset all my radio buttons to channels like the 80's (I usually love EVERY song that plays) the 90's, Love Songs...of course, Disney Radio (annOYing!...especially with a car full of girls singing every song), I even found a french channel...which I don't really understand but I love to listen to, and one of my favorites is the 40's channel. All 40's and big bad type music. Love it! So when I turned the channel to XM 4 the other day and saw "Traditional Holiday" as the channel description, I was so excited. A channel that plays my favorite old, classic Christmas songs....24/7!

Bing to Goulet!

XM 23 - the normal love song channel - also plays Christmas music, but nothing is more annoying than to hear a rapper try to sing a Christmas song! Way corny! And a Christmas song is not a Christmas song if Miley Cyrus sings it. Sorry...it's just not!

All I need is a stash of hard-tac candy, XM 4 and I could live in my car!

No comments: