Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What? She's 7?

When I look at these pictures, I can barely recognize my kids! Time has gone by so fast and there are days when I think I can see my kids growing before my eyes. It has been such a pleasure and a joy (along with the frustration and sorrow, of course) to raise these kids. I am so glad that I have taken pictures of them since they were little so I can relive the memories of them growing up! They are so, so, so cute!

My baby, Emma. She's 7 and I almost can't believe it! Although she told me yesterday that she still feels like she is 6 - it's so hard to feel the difference sometimes, right? When the ultrasound tech. told us that it was a girl, we were thrilled. Some people might think that hearing that girl #3 is on the way would be a discouraging thing. I don't think that I wouldn't have been a very good mom to boys anyway...I can't handle the mess and smell and the endless hours spent on bleachers watching sports. I love exactly what I have, thank you very much!

Emma was a joy from the minute she was born. She had a FULL head of black hair, which NEVER fell out...I remember sitting on the bathroom floor with Emma on my lap, round-brushing her hair dry. She couldn't even sit up by herself and she was enduring salon-style hair do's. I loved it! She was a clone to Katie Jane both in looks and personality...full of spunk, attitude and energy! She's the same 7 years later.

(I love Emma's little glare...saved especially for her uncle Ryan!)

Emma knew exactly what she wanted for her birthday - thanks to the Disney channel and Nick Jr. As it gets closer to Christmas, there are ENDLESS commercials for toys and games that all kids want and parents dread. Their wish lists get huge and of course, they expect it all. Emma really wanted a Zhu-Zhu pet...I know, a what? Well, if you watch the Disney channel and Nickelodeon you would know! (to me, it's dang mouse...bleeeeck!) Thanks to Amazon...I found one because walking through store after store in shoes that were too small and were killing my feet, let alone broken toe, didn't produce the desired gift. All I would find were signs saying that there was a limit of 2 per customer in front of an empty shelf and horror stories of long lines.

Am I THE mom, or what!

She got her desired 'pet' as well as another pet to help manage the 'mouse/hamster'...a Fur Real cat (the only kind of cat allowed in my house), which Willie is having a hard time figuring out, and mom's favorite gift to give...clothes! She was ecstatic and thrilled and promptly made beds out of shoe boxes in her clothes drawers for her new pets. She's my animal lover. ANOTHER one of my animal lovers!





This brought back way too many horrific memories of seeing little, disgusting, intruder mice running across my floor in Nephi. Rodents of ANY kind, fake or most definitely real give me the heebie-jeebies. I seriously can't enjoy Cinderella or any other movie with mice in it. Not even cute! It's such a Japanese toy too. It makes all the sounds of the Teletubbies...sounds that all Japanese cartoons/characters make. Why? I don't know.
But, whatever my baby wants...my baby gets. She told me that she's not a baby anymore either. I know, but she's MY baby and she always will be. I still try to cuddle with her and I'm sure she gets special privileges that the other kids don't. All "youngest" children get special privileges, don't they?

Emma told me several times that she had a great birthday. Will made her an over the top breakfast and me and Will took her to lunch at her favorite restaurant - Red Robin - where she got her favorite - chicken strips and french fries...she LOVES french fries! Sadly, after dinner she got really sick and spent the night throwing up! What a way to end her great birthday!

My baby, Emma. She is grown up beyond her years - a result of being the youngest and wanting to be like her older sisters. She amazes me every day with her spunky personality and the clever things she comes up with to say and do. She has an amazing imagination and is a super artist. She knows what she wants and says so. A tender heart to her mom and dad, and a quick punch, jab or slap to her brother and sisters...that's Emma.

I Love you, Emma!

2 comments:

Traci said...

And how much was the zhu zhu pet on line????
Sure Julie I had my girls accepting the fact that they might get their zhu zhu after Christmas. Katie is already saying that's not fair if Emma's mom got one!(thanks Julie-you can't see my wicked glare!)

Strong said...

WOW! Next year a baptism... Happy B-day!