Monday, November 23, 2009

Project # 1539...since Will's been home

I don't know how many more things Will is going to find to do on the house. He's been making up for a lost year at home by spending almost a whole year working on our home. I'm so glad that he can do these projects and that he cares and wants our house to look nice though.

I think I've said this before, but I love my house. I love that it's old and has so much character. I love the spirit that it has.

This is a picture I took when Will refinished the original screen door...I had to use this picture to show ONE of Will's latest improvement projects/changes. The metal pole has been there from the beginning. It never bothered me. In fact, I never really paid attention to it, except to tie a yellow ribbon around it when Will left...which has been there until last week...like I said, the pole never bothered me. But Will and I had talked about making it look more like a column or something...something I THOUGHT about, and something he ACTED on.

This is the post now! Didn't he do a great job? It's finished but I think we're going to stain the wood more to match the front door and screen. I had to use this picture because Willie wanted to come outside so bad and watched me from inside while I took pictures. I love seeing that little head peaking out the window!

I'll post project #1540 when it's finished...probably this weekend!

Thanks for being so talented and such a hard worker, Will. xxooxxoo

No comments: