Wednesday, November 11, 2009

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU, to the thousands of men and women who so bravely and voluntarily serve our country. Not just our country, but the people in this country who think that whatever they want, they should have - because it's their right as an American.

Yes, these men and women even sacrifice for, serve and protect idiots that think like that!

I'm so thankful for the soldiers in uniform who have served and continue to serve for our country - which I happen to believe is the most blessed country in the world. Of course this is a day that is close to my heart. It's been such a blessing to know how special our country and our freedom is. Patriotism is not something that everyone has or feels. I think most Americans realize that this is a great place to live (even with the current administration's decisions) and some of the most patriotic people are willing to die to protect what we take for granted. That's something that I didn't realize when Will enlisted...that he was willing to leave me and the kids to fight and die for "One Nation under God". That's how much these soldiers love this country and believe in what our Forefathers established. Less than 2% of the population in the United States serves this country.

I think it's a great honor and I definitely feel honored to have Will in my life. One of Will's favorite sayings and motto's is from the song "Battle Hymn of the Republic":

As He died to make men holy, let us live to make men free.

This is Team Spike...Will's team in Afghanistan. THANK YOU, Team Spike!

Will, Chuck and Dusty...flying the US flag at Nagalu reservoir in Afghanistan on Veterans Day last year - November 11, 2008. It was a flag that Chucks sister had sent from her classroom for him to fly in Afghanistan, and then he sent it back and they now fly the flag at their school.



Thanks CPT Biesinger!

This verse of this song makes me cry EVERY time. The entire song makes me cry EVERY time!

Oh, thus be it ever, when free men shall stand
Between their loved homes and the war's desolation!
Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Pow'r that hath made and preserved us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our Trust!"
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

4 comments:

Traci said...

GREAT post!

Jerbabe said...

You make me cry Julie. Will has brought it close to home. As a child I was very patriotic and I do love my country so much. Thank you for renewing those feelings and helping me more thankful even though things sometimes seem crazy!

Jan said...

Thanks Julie!! I don't think most Americans realize what a sacrifice it is for the men and women who serve and those who sacrifice "their" men and women. THANK YOU! to Will THANK YOU! to Julie and your wonderful children.

Jason and Britney said...

At YW on Wednesday all the girls read the text messages they had received that day honoring the veterans. We should have invited you! You are very talented and writing, and a great example of patriotism to all of us! Thanks!