Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Biesinger Fall Family Party!

Hosted by wonderful Gerald and Marlene who had a great idea to get all the adults in the family together to enjoy dinner and visiting.

(The bigger I made these pictures, the worse the blurriness became...grrrr! Just squint and pretend that you don't have your contacts in or forgot to wear your glasses. Great camera, poor - well, saying photographer is really stretching it, so I'll use - picture taker!)

This is going to sound rather, ummm, I'm going to have to make up a word here...ostracizeical (?) of me, but...

Since we're part of the generation that's still in the child bearing and/or rearing years, when we all get together for family reunions and dinners it's near chaos, but not quite mayhem with all the kids running around and or requiring attention - as most children do. It's just a phase of life we all must go through and enjoy...Eating at super speed, almost being able to finish eating and not even given the chance to eat at all. So when we were wrapping up our family reunion this past summer at Anna and Ryan's, we noticed that us adults hadn't really had a chance to sit and visit and catch up, amidst varying children issues and activities! I'm more of a sit and visit kind of person...I'm not really interested in competitive games and active activities - I'm a lot about relaxation!

Marlene had a great idea to have an adult dinner, yes - SANS children - so that we can actually hear each other speak! And eat our own food! And not help anyone to the bathroom! Can you imagine???

We had so much fun. The food was wonderful (Ask Gerald for ham cooking tips), and the decorations were so creative and beautiful. Marlene had given us all an assignment to pick an item that describes us as an individual. It was so neat to hear what everyone came up with and to get to know each person a little better. Everyone was so creative. So fun!



Will's parents, Marianne and Jim



Will's sister Anna and husby Ryan


The oh so talented Marlene. She used to be a baton twirler when she was younger (she is STILL young) and Jon being the awesome man that he is was so excited to learn how to twirl! I love the look on his face!
Will's cousin Craig and his cute wife, Cassidy.

( Craig is holding my descriptive item...a Nut Roll candy bar. It takes a little explanation!)

Will and Ryan - having both served their missions in South Korea - are super competitive ping-pong, I mean table tennis players! It's a big thing over there!



Lori and Chris - Will's brother


Cousin Connie and her mom, Will's aunt Carol.



Todd and Connie


Jon, Will's brother and Tasha



Andrew, Will's cousin - we learned something very 'revealing' about Andy!


Dallin and Will's sister Donna

Missing were Will's cousins David and Celeste in VA, Elder (Craig) Biesinger in the frozen land to the north - Canada, and Brian and Jane, Will's sister in Kansas. We missed them for sure! And of course Will and I were there, but I managed to stay behind the operator-challenged camera while Will was playing ping-pong. Just as it should be!

The whole evening was so much fun, but it came to an abrupt end when we got home and Emma - happy birthday to her :( - and Lauren were throwing up. It made me appreciate this evening so much more!

Thanks again, Gerald and Marlene! Thanks Biesinger family! Date and time are already set for next year!

No comments: