Monday, November 2, 2009

It must be unconditional love...for sure!

I would never have imagined that Willie would have turned out so mellow. So fun. So irritating. So lovable.

I had visions of children crying from being bitten and I thought for sure that Willie's temperment was going to be more like a cat than a dog. Which is...stay away from me please, You're in my personal space and I'm too good for you! (that's what I imagine cats are like anyway...which is why I don't own a cat!) He's not perfect...for sure...and there have been times when he's embarrassed me as much as my children have, but WOW he's a great dog!

These are the kinds of antics my girls put him through on a daily basis...

Willie in the bathroom garbage can. The girls laughed hysterically, and Willie just sat there...all squished in this garbage can. Waiting for permission to get out. I think he liked it actually. He seems to like to squish into small spaces. Only unconditional love would allow this to happen.


I love to look out the window and see him waiting at the edge of the grass, all scraggely and stuff. Taking it all in. Waiting for some unsuspecting child to run through the yard so he can attack their pant leg and shoe laces (that's one of the embarrassing things.)


I'm so glad he loves us unconditionally.

No comments: