Monday, March 29, 2010

Daily living...and things I don't want to live daily!

Dear Will,

I miss seeing you sleep here. :(  

Love you!  xoxox

As I've...complained...before.  When Will is gone, I take every opportunity to take the easy way out.  Not that he expects me to do everything the hard way when he is home, but it's easier for me to not feel guilty if 1/3 of my pantry is bags of cereal instead of food when he's gone.  So I'm going to give myself a little pat on the back because I've done very well with not taking the easy way out too often during this separation.  There have been nights where dinner is leftovers, which really hasn't been easy because our microwave has been broken for over a month now, so we've been heating things up the old fashioned way.  So irritating!

So when the fighting stops between bites of food...I enjoy cooking for the kids. :)

This is where Willie sits e.v.e.r.y.t.i.m.e I am in the kitchen.  He wedges himself between the front of my legs and the cabinets and, I guess, waits for something to fall so he can eat it.  Just stands there and waits.  If I move to another part of the kitchen...he follows me and wedges himself in front of me again.  Here, he is waiting for some french toast to fall.  What a Westie!!!

Emma lost her first tooth...naturally!  Another "first" milestone that I will never have again with my kids!  I had the dentist pull her top tooth, because it needed to be pulled - long story, but she pulled her own bottom tooth out.  Now she has a perfect hole for a straw to go through.  Sadly, the tooth fairy never came, but not because the tooth fairy is a deadbeat...which is absolutely true with our tooth fairy...but because she put her tooth in a baggie and lost it.  I'm a throw-er-away-er...but I don't remember throwing away her tooth.

She's growing up so fast!
Katie Jane is playing the piano better and better every day.  I think she's practicing on the hymns/songs that I know!  She's going to pass me up sooner than I thought!  She's also growing up too fast.  
I have a lot to learn about being a mom of teenagers.  What I do know is...1. They are at a very annoying age. 2. They are messy. 3. Nothing in the world is as important to them as being with their friends, facebook and texting (Jay, not so much, but Katie Jane??? Heaven help me!!  4.  I can't change those facts...but I'm going to win the messy battle!
I went with Lauren to her (hyperventilate) Maturation program.  Remember our deadbeat tooth fairy?  Well, she was doing such a horrible job that Lauren was frustrated and I had to reveal some...truths...which of course crushed her whole holiday celebrating life as well!!  I had to link the tooth fairy with the Easter bunny...and Santa...but still make her feel that we weren't totally lying to her.  Those people DO exist...in the form of parents!  Ugh! She's almost 12!  My sweet, innocent, naive little girl!  Just like her mom, I'm afraid!  I know I've put giving her some information off for too long, but why make her grow up faster than she needs to? 
But this whole maturation thing...it's way harder to deal with that I thought.  Katie Jane has been so open and matter of fact about everything.  Lauren is going to be a little more emotional and confused, I'm afraid.  She knows NOTHING!!!  I almost started telling her everything (and by everything, I mean everything!!) and found myself stumbling over my words.  Then I thought, maybe I should just wait for her to ask questions so I don't give her too many details before I scar her for life!! 
I just remember being SOOO embarrassed about that "stuff", so I'm hoping that my girls will be more comfortable with those things with me than I was with my mom. 

'Tis my lot in life as a mother of three girls and another part of being a mom that I'm not ready for!


Emma's been sick with a sore throat so she got to stay home from school.  Willie loves himself a comfy lap to lay on so when any of us are sick, he's in lap-heaven!!  Man he needs a brushing...and a haircut!!
Good friends Mike and Susan brought me some pussy willow branches.  Cool, beautiful and, dare I say, Spring-y?
Bills. 
What would life be like without bills?
Words from my wise grandma Jane...This too shall pass...and that means the good, unfortunately, and the bad. 
I love seeing the bad pass!!

No comments: