Monday, March 8, 2010

To sum up this weekend...Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed!



This is my OLD room...with a couple of new things in it.  The first new thing in my room is this play pen (is that what it's called now-a-day?)  It's only a temporary item.  Got that?  No announcements here.  Be it known that Julie is FINISHED having children.  Got that ridiculous idea out of your head?  Good!

And this is my cute as a button niece, Lily Jane Larsen, the Borrowed item.  Beckie...you and Eric make such beautiful kids!  She was a TOTAL, kissable, squeezable, delight!  I got to borrow her for the weekend while Beckie and Holly took a bus...uh, huh...a bus, to San Francisco to see Wicked.  I couldn't believe that Beckie actually went.  I knew she was going to have a panic attack thinking about all the germs and questionable surfaces all over their chartered bus.  It was one of those trips that really makes you appreciate home and all of your own problems.  I'll take my worries and my messes and my germs, thank you very much!  

Lily never cried unless I was suctioning out her nose.  The poor thing has RSV right now, but you'd never know it for how pleasant and happy she was.  She and I have something in common...we like to look at Will.  She is fascinated with him!  She knows a handsome man when she sees one...even at 7 months!  And when he smiled at her, she would smile with her whole face. 
Big eyes.  Big smile!

I honestly enjoyed 99.9% of the weekend with Lily.  The only part that I had a hard time with was going to bed knowing that there was a for sure chance that I would be awake again in a few hours...feeding a baby...knowing that it would be impossible to make it to the gym in the morning.  Will said it best.  "There's a reason we stopped having kids when we did!"

Oh, how I love my sleep!
This is the NEW item.

The lamp I've been wanting for a while now...for at least five Pottery Barn catalogs!  I had a moment of weakness at work and one week later, Will was asking what was in the big box.  My bedroom/bathroom color dilemma haunts me always, so when I find something that works...it haunts me until I get it.

3 comments:

Jason and Britney said...

The lamp beautiful and you deserved it!
I think I am ready to borrow a baby, but I don't want a pleasant one that makes me think I want another baby. I need a colicky naughty one.

brad said...

I loved the pic of lilly. She is ADORABLE! I am glad you guys had a great weekend together! Then....oh my.....you are spoiled rotten and totally deserve it! I LOVE YOUR LAMP! Totally jealous! It looks amazing in your home! Totally worth the wait!

brad said...

From lezlee not brad:)