Sunday, March 14, 2010

It was like holding back the tide!!

Again with this back-log of stuff.  It's the Blurb book I'm thinking about...so...

I know it wasn't the perfect weekend for the kids as far as fun and adventure go, but Will, Jay and Emma got some tennis in, Lauren and I went shopping, and Katie Jane did Algebra homework (wahoo!)  The kids wanted to go to the community pool so bad, but Will "forgot" his swimsuit and I'm in no mood to get into a swimsuit yet - way too pasty and whale-like, so when we saw some other people in the hot tub we told the kids they could get in.

It's so funny how much of a difference 10 degrees warmer can make.  It was like a heatwave!  We had the doors and windows open to the condo...birds were singing in the trees outside, as spa-like as it gets without the borrowed robe and the massage from a stranger.  Remind me again why we don't live down there?

There's a pool...it looks warm...you can't resist...so...

You jump in.
And quickly get right back out and back into the hot tub!!

Like one of those jimjilbang's in Korea that Will talked about from his mission - except he called them something like (and get ready for my phonetic spelling of how this Korean word sounds to me) a mogi-yoke-taang.  Any Korean specialists out there can help me with that one.  Will said you would go from a very hot pool into a very cold pool and back into a very hot pool...back and forth.  It's supposed to be cleansing to the body.

For very brave people only.  Obviously, my children take after their father in so many ways!

It was a little scary google-ing "Korean bath house".  I was worried about what pictures were going to pop up!  We're good.


And this is what Will sat and worked on while I went shopping and the kids swam and soaked.  Remember my black candlesticks...he put a lot of sanding and priming into them before they came out like I wanted them to.  What a sweet guy, huh?
Ahhhh, the beauty!  This is the kind of place that I would love to live.  You can see the snow, but you don't have to drive in it, walk in it, or shovel it! 

No comments: