Thursday, March 18, 2010

Grandma Mody's Funeral

A way back in February, Will's grandma Mody (Biesinger) passed away. (she's the one in the purple...it's the only picture I could find!)
She lived with Will's parents for years and they took great care of her until the end.  I'd like to say her last "hoorah" was watching - or just being present - when some of the boys sneeked (I tried the word snuck, but is that really a word?) downstairs where her bed was to watch the Super Bowl on our last Biesinger family gathering.  She died a couple of days after.

She and her late husband used to live in St. George and it's where her husband is buried, so that's where she wanted to be buried and where we went for the burial...after the funeral in Spanish Fork.  For all you non-Utah travelers...that's about 250 miles/3.5 hours. We had just spent the long weekend in St. George as a family and came home the night before the funeral from St. George, and then Will and I headed right back down for the burial the next day in St. George (slightly confused?).  I read an entire book out-loud to Will on the way down and back, which was good because it was a book I was supposed to read 17 years ago before Will and I got married at the request of his parents.

The book was by Louis L'Amour...called Galloway.

I still have no idea why the book was called "Galloway" when most of it was about his brother. I had to keep stopping and tell Will, "I'm not reading this wrong, this is how they are talking in the book."  And every time I would come across the name "Flagan" I would pronounce it differently.  Flagan with a long a, or Flagan with a short a.  Will didn't care - he was just happy that I was reading it.

Better late than never, right?

Aaaaanyway...back to Grandma Mody's funeral.  The funeral was nice, the drive to St. George was nice, and the burial was nice.  Will gave the dedicatory prayer at the cemetery.  He did a great job...of course.





Will's mom and dad.  We love them!

When I stood here to take this picture, I could smell all those beautiful flowers!  They smelled WONderful! 

Our cute niece, Angie and cute Grandma Biesinger.  I wish that I would have taken more pictures of everyone there, but I didn't want to be all...pretend photographerish...you know?  I just like taking pictures, but I wasn't the only one there with a camera.

See!  I DO exist!  I "borrowed" this picture from Will's cousin Connie's blog.  It's so much funner and more comfortable to be the one behind the camera. And I think I got a tiny bit of a tan on my face while we stood there waiting for Grandma to get there. 
Will's cousin Craig and his wife Cassie...they're awesome...cute couple...and so, like, fun!  As hard as I try, I'll never be as cool and funny and stylish as they are.  I'm just old. 

Sweet little Emily, our niece. 

It was so good to see the whole family.  It was great to remember the woman who started a wonderful family. 

1 comment:

Christensen Kids said...

You take WAY better pictures than I do, but I am glad you could borrow one :-) Btw what kind of camera do you have? I am on the search for a new one.