Even though I'm nowhere near being a "young woman" anymore, I think I learned more than the 20+ thousand girls who were there that day.
The Prophet was there, of course, and it really is humbling to be in the presence of such great, obedient, inspired men...it was so funny to watch all the girls as President Monsen was leaving the building, and he turned and waved to all the girls...all of us...in the congregation. All the girls waved back like he was waving to only them. President Uchtdorf did a wonderful job, as usual, and he even got the young women in the congregation to give an audible "awww" when he talked of his love for his wife.
I guess even if you're old...er...older...you don't always gross out the younger generation with true love.
Some of the young women and the leaders and some of us moms at Temple Square. Sorry, but I have to point out the obvious...can I BE any huge-er than everyone else?
They're getting ready for General Conference this coming weekend so all the flowers were planted and everything was beautiful...except no green on the trees...I really miss the color green!
Me and Katie Jane at the Conference Center
The young women and some of their leaders...they had a great time and were so well behaved...not what you'd expect from teenage girls these days. I say that as I'm bent over a cane in a little squeeky, old lady voice!Beautiful day. Beautiful sights. Beautiful girls. Just beautiful!
3 comments:
Beautiful pictures! How nice for you and Katie. It stills throws me when I see Katie how grown up she is and how much trouble you and Will on in because you have one beautiful daughter! Thank you for coming up last night, Halle keeps asking when her best friend Emma and Lauren will be coming up again.
Amazing pictures!!! I really enjoyed your testimony about it.
That is so great! I wish I was still in YW so I could have went....That picture of you and Katie was really cute.
Post a Comment