Will's hopes and dreams are for our family to be a skiing family. He knows how anxious I get about skiing because I'm not very good and I don't have a lot of confidence. Me + speed + people around me I can't control = major stress. But how could I say to no to Will when he texted me on Thursday and asked me to be his "ski bunny"? And because he knows it makes me feel less anxious, he skis behind me and blocks for me - except for when he tries to talk to me and makes me fall.
I'm not a multi-tasking ski bunny!
So Will took us Biesinger girls skiing on Friday. No pictures because, again...pizza, french fries, paranoid and camera don't mix either. I tried to take some pictures with my phone, but when did you have to start saving the picture after you take it? Doesn't it just save automatically? Well, it should. Jay's still a little weary of the slopes since his fall and broken arm last year. He'd rather go to SCHOOL. He must REALLY not like it.
We had a great time. We - combined as a family - only stopped the ski lift three times, Katie was enjoying the view and didn't get off at the top...no riders down, so...lift stopped. Then Lauren fell while getting off, getting right in the way of others trying to get off...lift stopped. And Emma tried to sit too soon while getting on the lift - even though I yelled back at the guys, "I got her, I got her!"...lift stopped.
While Will and Katie braved the scarier slopes up higher, Lauren and Emma took me through the "Magical Forest". (I always think of the movie Elf when I say that - but there were no swirly-twirly-gum drops in this magical forest) It's so not scary...they take all the kids who are learning to ski through it, but for me...it's steep and I swore last year that I wouldn't go that way again, but I did. Emma and Lauren beat me to the bottom every time. I'm so impressed with how well they ski.
At one of the stops at the bottom, we saw this guy.
I SO wanted to say..."Hey, Wayne! (with a little zig-zag of the head) Does it freak you out when everyone knows your name?" and just be friendly and joking, but then...as he walked closer and closer to me, I started wondering if I would sound like a non-funny stalker kind of person. So I smiled and kept walking.
I kind of have a problem when I'm trying to be friendly and I say something nice, or funny, or even thoughtful for that matter, it just comes out like a total insult. Maybe I just need to work on my inflection. Only I can make the words "Hey, Wayne" sound threatning! I'm just a nice, friendly, outgoing girl who believes EVERYONE always has the best of intentions. Problem # too high to count with me is that I am too naive. I always give people the benefit of the doubt.
Hopefully, Wayne appreciated my leaving him alone. Too bad not everyone did the same.
Wayne got a ride up to the tow line on a snowmobile (unlike us poor, non-famous kind of people that have to throw the skis over our shoulder and hike up a hill with non bendable ankles) and as we would ski down and ride the lift up throughout the day, we would watch him during his ski lesson. Loved it! He was funny even from a distance!
P.S. He's not very tall.
The day was a success, I think! Best husband (who, may I brag, is an AWESOME skier! - coming from a non-awesome skier, but really...he is!), wonderful, brave daughters, beautiful weather, no major spills, famous sighting, hot chocolate, ski bunny status retained...yeah, success!

3 comments:
How fun! I would love to be a skiing family. But I have never even been skiing. Only snowboarding and I'm not good at it. But I think it's fun. And Wayne Brady on top of that? Awesome, you are nice to give him privacy, I would have said something wierd.
That's so cool! LOVE that guy! Glad you guys had fun.
Did you ask Wayne Brady to since a "HO Down Song" for you? Sorry there are reruns of "who's line is it anyways" on at 3am at work. Wish I could have been up there with you guys, sounds like a lot of fun! also love the reference to "Elf", that is what I think about too when Tyler tells me we are going on a tree trail
Post a Comment