Friday, September 10, 2010

I can't believe I failed to mention this...

That we're eating, sleeping, breathing (at times, it gets very hard to breathe--for Jay because of all the running he is doing, and for the rest of us, because of the smell of Jay because of all of the running he is doing.  Oh my!!)

Will is the SHS Freshman coach this year. I'm not even going to go there...I'll just say, being a coach does NOT strengthen your marriage!  But it's kind of nice seeing the two of them on the sidelines.  Will loves it!  We're getting to the more competitive side of sports now.  Although, Jay is still one of the first ones through the cheerleader poster after halftime with his arms waving in the air!

Silly kid!

Father and son...I think this pic was at a scrimmage at the beginning of the year.  When blankets weren't needed.  Sunglasses and a hat and umbrella were very much needed, but of course all I came with was my camera and my sunglasses, which I had to share with Emma and Lauren because the sun was blinding!

I'm not expert, but it's a BIG team.  In size and numbers.  Jay and a couple of other players really stand out in the huddle.

Jay's on the far side of the huddle - #77...and  being 6' 2 and still not being the tallest boy on the team!?  It makes me feel bad for the other boys' mothers because I'm having a hard time trying to keep enough food in the house for Jay!  I can't imagine a boy eating more than he does---but...

First game against Provo...they won and Jay got a couple of really good tackles.  Oh wait!  SACKS!!  One in which the quarterback laid on the ground for a while and everyone had to take a knee.  That's when my face got really hot and I got really worried for the other boy.  I want Jay to do well, but I don't want him to hurt anyone!

Thursday night lights!  This is from Jay's game last night--in which they won.  By a lot.  I realize the picture is blurry...I was working the video camera and my camera at the same time. 

Winning makes the smell in the car worse and rolling down the windows doesn't help either.  It just makes the smell circulate faster!  I've learned from the days of Will playing football in college, that you breathe out of your mouth only.

1 comment:

kristyryan said...

I can't believe you don't know the difference between a tackle and a sack!!!! Moms are funny.

Love,
Ryan