Friday, September 24, 2010

Things that are coming to an end...

First of all, the crickets that chirp me to sleep are getting slower and slower and slower in their chirping, which means---thanks to Aunt Janette who found out why---that it's getting colder and colder at night. 

All the better to snuggle.

The warm afternoons spent on scooters and bikes and night games on weekend nights.

Then there's all the food that will soon go away.  So sad.
Corn on the cob...garden tomatoes...and one vege that I wish we had, but don't so that makes me miss it even more---zucchini.  All the things you can make with zucchini!

Willie's white hair staying white for longer than a day. 



A clean car.

I had to wash my car the night before it rained.  Of course I did.  And it didn't just rain, it blew walls of dirt around after everything was all wet, as you can see.  To make it worse, I paid for a 'supreme' wash, which was $7...I had to use a $20 bill so I got $13 back in quarters!  My wallet weighed about 17 pounds until tonight when I paid for the pizza with almost $5 in quarters.  The pizza guy didn't think it was funny.

Will got me a new bumper sticker for my car.  After the week we've had (Will, actually.  Long story...maybe next post), I might disagree with the truth of it.  Next week I might agree with it again.

The crickets are calling!

No comments: