Saturday, September 11, 2010

I remember

First, I need to wish my baby sis Holly, a Happy Birthday today...she's not super thrilled to have been born on September 11th anymore, but that's not her fault.

I've been watching all those 9/11 shows and documentaries on TV for the past couple of nights.  I really shouldn't because they give me such anxiety and stress and bad dreams and they always play the eeriest music and my heart literally aches for all the people who were affected that day.  Affected in a much more mortal way...all of us were affected, but I can't pretend to imagine how so many people had to deal with such tragedy in their lives.  How dramatically their lives changed.

But I watch them to remind myself of the reason why I'm sleeping alone again tonight.  The way this day changed my life.

Will's been gone for the past week and will be gone for a while longer for some more military training.  I'm almost used to it now.  Honestly, I like having the entire bed to myself and being able to watch Pride and Prejudice EVERY night to go to sleep--even though Will wouldn't care if I did that while he was here because he loves me that much.

I can't wrap my head around all the thoughts that are swimming in my brain.  The self-centered politics and the anger = more stress.  All I know is, is that we need to not only talk the talk, but walk the walk. 

Will always says that he was just a teacher at a high school until one day some crazy men crashed a few planes into some buildings.  He decided to walk the walk.  I think that's one thing that we've forgotten in the past 9 years.  How important our country---and all that it was founded on---is...or should be...to us.

I remember.

2 comments:

LeMira said...

Thanks for this reminder. We love and admire your family for your sacrifices.

The Olsons said...

So grateful for all those who are willing to fight for our country! Will is our hero. . . thanks to the whole family for your sacrifice.