Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sneek Peek for Connie

**sigh**

The end of my 30's is here.  I'm in my last year of the best decade--according to me.  Twenties are so...young, and insecure, and immature and...so young!  I really feel like I've gotten better with age, in so many ways, although I did go to a zumba class this morning and these 39 year old hips HAVE NOT gotten any better with age.

Since Will has been busy as a Casualty Assistance Officer to the parents of a soldier who was killed in Afghanistan last Tuesday and he was busy at a funeral of another soldier all day Saturday, I celebrated my birthday by making my birthday muffins, did a little ironing, folding clothes, mowing the lawn, going to Jay's football game and getting a tan on the left side of my mid-calf down---lovely, just lovely---all the normal mom/Saturday stuff.

Will made sure the day ended wonderfully.  He made it home in time to take me out to dinner with my family and then he and the kids planned a surprise party for when we got home.  The kids had gone door to door to all our neighbors and invited them to come for cake and ice cream with my family and some of Will's family to surprise me on my 39th birthday.  Shouldn't that happen next year?

It was awesome.  I love my family...I love my friends...I love my husband for wanting to give me the the best of everything. I felt so not worthy to have so much love!

In between the Saturday stuff and the dinner/party, I had the opportunity to do something that scared me to death, but that I had so much fun doing.

I'm not trying to cross over into the world of "momtographers"...I consider myself sooo not worthy, or equipped, or talented, or confident...I just had Will's cousin Connie pay me a great compliment and she asked me to take her family pictures for her.

It was, seriously, the best birthday present Connie.  You asked me to do something I love to do and I seriously hope you feel like you got MORE than your money's worth!  (wink, wink!!;)  )

Watch out ladies!










You guys were such great sports...working with a clueless person holding a camera!  I'm still stressed about these.  Ask Will.  I've been going over and over and over these pictures for the last 4 days...stressing!  I learned so much though.  Love you guys!!

Will and I decided that 39 is going to be AWESOME!  I say...as long as Hawaii is at the end of it, it's going to be TOTALLY AWESOME!

3 comments:

Christensen Kids said...

THEY LOOK GREAT!! You did a wonderful job. I hope your birthday party was fun, and thanks for putting up with us on your special day :-)

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

You really did do an amazing job Julie! You have an eye for photography! Sad we missed the party but glad I got to talk to you on your day. miss you guys!

Jan said...

Great pictures Julie!! They are really awesome!!