Friday, September 10, 2010

What's under your couch?

I was talking to my mom on the phone today when I saw a large garden spider all snuggled in the curtains in my bedroom and I freaked out...until she told me what my dad found in his office at home today.

No kidding!  Ever since he showed me this picture I've been getting heebie-jeebies! 
He saw something in the corner in his home office and went to pick it up not realizing what it was and it tried to strike at him.  Repeatedly!!   When he finally realized what it was, he caught it under a cup and sprayed it with wasp killer.

He said it was about 2-3 inches long.  WHERE in the world would this have come from?  My parents think it was a castaway in a bag from Lake Powell and that it's just been living, and thriving I might add, on spiders and bugs in their house.  Could it really have lived that long?

I shudder when I remember that I reached my arm underneath their couches on Wednesday night looking for something.  Did my hand almost find company?

The hair on my arms is standing straight up!

No comments: