We had these for dinner tonight...yumm. Nothing like picked-from-your-own-garden tomatoes...and bacon. Bacon. Somewhere a couple thousand miles away, Will called out for Chinese. As tempting as that sounds, I think we enjoyed the better meal. The sandwich even made a sound while I was eating it and that reminded me of those Carl's Jr. commercials that annoy my mom to no end. Except without the hot girl with the face and the body and...everything else.
Things that made my Monday even better? (insert sarcasm)
- Will cracked his tooth on a rock or something that was in the sandwich he at on the plane...cracked from one side to the other. Will has perfect teeth. He has never had a cavity. He doesn't know the pain and the annoying feeling of your face being numb, or being shocked if any foil gets in your mouth. He would intentionally eat foil to make me squirm. Sorry to say, he will come to know the pain next Tuesday! So sincerely sorry, Hon!
Something Will cannot do: crush rocks with his teeth!
- (un-insert sarcasm) Something that made me laugh, and almost cry, was listening through a door at work to my dad in his office playing God Bless America sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir--over and over and over and over and OVER again (very loudly, I might add). I walked into his office to ask him a question and he gave me a guilty smile and said he just really liked the song. He's very patriotic...he's so proud of Will...he loves beautiful music...he's my dad. That's why I almost cried.
- (re-insert sarcasm) The goals I set for myself this week? Like eating healthy and not eating candy on the way home from the gym...or for breakfast...lasted until I found the bag of toasted coconut marshmallows. The bag is now all gone, so the rest of the week I should be able to keep some of those goals!
Unless someone opens up a bag of chocolate chips in the pantry.
- the ironing board with the pile of shirts and other very irritating wrinkled things is still in my dining room--which is not where it belongs. It's been there since before Will left. I had to tell him it was still there just in case when he came home and it was still there, he wouldn't be too surprised.
Monday was supposed to be my "catch up on everything including my ironing" day.
- I've been ready for my kids to go to bed since 6:30.
Calgon take me away!
No comments:
Post a Comment