Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Craziness!

Our weekend in a nut shell...and a lot of pictures.

After football practice and babysitting jobs and house cleaning, we went to SLC and stayed at a hotel for the night.  Will's flight was coming in at midnight, and he had to be back up in SLC Saturday morning, so we saved on gas and splurged on hotel rooms.

Breakfast was pop tarts, bagels, crackers and cheese, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies...and yucky hotel water.  We couldn't get the drink machine to take a $5 bill...so we suffered!  Suffered horribly as we ate everything in bed.

Oh, and Spongebob for our breakfast entertainment...which is why I couldn't get the kids to hurry and we were late for...
Governor's Day.  A yearly event where the Governor reviews his troops.  I actually managed to find Will in this sea of soldiers!  The entire football field was covered too.  The maroon berets helped a bit.

A couple of fly-overs...


A reunion with an awesome, beautiful, beloved, sorely missed best friend...Crystal.  We survived together walking countless miles around the neighborhood, while our husbands survived serving our country.
I love her, I love her, I love her!

What were we thinking, Crystal?  Wasn't it you that said you should never let your picture be taken with sunglasses on?  Because one year down the line those sunglasses are going to be so out of style and you're going to think you look like a nerd?



Crystal and her handsome hero, Shane.




We had a last minute idea to visit the chocolate shop in SLC that is on a TLC show.  We saw the stars...didn't dare talk to them, they were too busy working, but we made it possible for them to stay in business for another year---if you know what I mean!

The biggest success of the weekend, was getting Will home.  About day 12 of him being gone, I lost it and cried at the drop of a hat...or a bang on my head...as was my case.  What's with that?  Two weeks is nothing!!  He sure does make being a mom so much easier.

No comments: