They're already playing Christmas music on the radio!!! 100.3 FM! And I'm sure you parents have noticed the influx of commercials for kids' toys and such. The toy companies do that on purpose so that your children will bombard you with "beggings"!
My mom knows how much I LOVE Christmas candy. Especially hard tack candy and ribbon candy. I have a baggie of it in my coat pocket right now! So as soon as my mom sees that Christmas candy is in the stores, she buys me some! And being that we live in my Grandma Jane's house...there must be candy AT ALL TIMES in ANY AVAILABLE candy dish.
I remember coming to my grandma's house and checking every single candy dish for some candy. It was three minutes of clink, clink, clink (and the adults cringing, I'm sure) as every grand-child opened each candy dish and checked for the sweet stuff and then, not so softly sometimes, put the glass lid back on!
Thus...candy dishes GALORE in my house. I am the candy queen, though. You can always tell what holiday is next by the candy around my house.
Christmas time is my favorite for many reasons. This year, Christmas will be extended an extra month or sountil Will comes home. So don't judge when you see my Christmas tree up and my Christmas lights on at the end of January. I'm not being lazy!
I better stock up on some more candy!
2 comments:
At our house the tree usually goes up shortly after Halloween and I have been known to keep it up until Valentine's. No judging here :-)
I've been eating Candy Corn since September (and still have a few bags hidden). I love Holiday treats!
Post a Comment