Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Warm Fuzzies!

It's been one project after another...With Will being in Afghanistan, we've been busy with humanitarian aid projects almost constantly. It's the service project that keeps needing service! So many people want to help and when one project ends...someone wants to give or give more and another project begins.



I'm so ready to not see the lovely and kind people at the post office anymore (they really are lovely and kind...and nice). I'm so ready to not have to fill out the airmail customs forms anymore. I'm so ready to not see packing tape anymore. I'm so ready to not have to try to squeeze a summer sausage into a box diagonally anymore...But Ill continue doing it to know that we're helping someone be able to feel "warm fuzzies"!

These are some of the blankets that my mom got all ready for her grand kids to tie for some homeless kids near Kabul. We're giving service for our "cousin Christmas presents" this year on my family's side.



I think I dislocated my thumb joint and created a permanent divot on the top of my thumb after cutting all the strips. Holly did most of the cutting though!


Many hands make light work...

but the girls still "out-knotted" the boys by about 3 to 1...Sorry Jay and Tyler. Maybe you should try not to tie the same knot at the same time!


Katie Jane was the blanket-stretcher when we were done tying them.

I'm thankful for the experiences that we have had to teach our children about caring and sharing with those around the world and living near us who are in need. I think more than anything I want my kids to have a Christ-like love for everyone...remembering that we are ALL children of a Heavenly Father, who loves us!
That's what CHRISTmas is about...right?

1 comment:

Brookie said...

How fun! I love to do service especially when it is for someone who is in real need. I also love when it is for another country. It seems as if we are always at war with other countries for who knows what...always for our illegal aliens. But, when we can serve those people, we come to have a great love for them. :) I love all the ways your family gets to serve. I need to be more involved with that. Call me up sometime to serve with you! I would love it!