So...as I sit here and DRINK my chocolate after seeing the election results this morning, the only thing that makes me feel any better, besides the chocolate in liquid form (the solid form will come in a little while) are the words of my wonderful, wise husband in an e-mail he sent me this morning. He said:
President-elect Obama is not the end...he might be the beginning of the end...but he's not the end. There is still too much to do. We'll trust in the Lord and drive on! I feel like everything is going to be OK.
I don't quite feel the same "OK", but I do know that there is much still to do. To do my small part in showing my un-happiness...I've deleted Oprah from my DVR...FOREVER for obvious, annoying reasons!
I LOVE this country...this CHRISTIAN country...which was founded on CHRISTIANITY...I hope that Our God continues to be a part of it. Not Obama's god. My wonderful husband is supporting, protecting and giving his all for this country, along with many, many other men and women. I'll continue to support them and their efforts.
I've tried to find out if Proposition 8 passed in California...it must have, because there are no news stories about it. If it HAD NOT of passed...there would have been HUGE stories of celebration in the media. It would have been the second story after Obama winning.
Heaven help us.
I WILL stand for truth and righteousness. I may not be popular...but what does 'popular' get you anymore? I know where I stand and who I stand for. And the 'who' I stand for is NOT ANYONE in politics. I'll trust in the Lord and drive on.
Excuse me while I comfort myself with some more chocolate!
3 comments:
Julie, I felt like you, at first, but then I felt like Will. I know that Heavenly Father can't control Obama, but I still trust that there are many things left to be done. I HOPE with all hope that he will make some good choices, and until he makes a bad one, I just have to trust. And then after he makes a bad one, I just have to find the best way to deal. Thank goodness he isn't the only one deciding. Anything he wants to do has to go through checks and balances, like congress, and lets hope they have their heads on straight. By the way, I am pregnant, and so, so, so sick. This is the end for me. Enjoy your chocolate (blech), I will go back to carefully sipping my grape gatorade.
If you haven't yet and get a chance, I recommend that you watch Obama's acceptance speech. Even if you don't like him and don't want him as the president, I really think he can inspire some unity in our country. And Colin Powell likes him so he can't be completely evil...
Colin Powell is hardly a conservative.
Post a Comment