We bought a pre-lit Christmas tree a few years ago...and we spent a pretty penny on it too. But I guess that now-a-day the lights are only meant to last 3 years and then only half (sometimes more in my case) won't work anymore. I spent over
2 hours RIPPING the non-working lights off my pre-lit tree yesterday. This is the pile that got larger and larger as my kids got more and more hungry and I got more and more angry.
btw...who is the insane, horrible person that strings these trees. I almost took wire cutters to the lights!!! They were loop-de-looped and twisted around...OHHH the frustration!
I counted a lot yesterday!

This is the sorry excuse for a tree. I need to go buy more lights, but I am so tempted to just leave it this way.
My fingers were bleeding yesterday and I have scratches up to my elbows...it doesn't look so bad, does it? Aside from the fact that the picture is way too blurry?

Lights were my thorn yesterday. I eventually made a HUGE pile...they got ONE chance to light up and if they didn't perform...into the pile and then into the garbage.
That part was therapeutic!

Then as I was fixing some wires in another tree, half of one strand went out. I began ripping that off too...no patience left, people...and as soon as I got them mostly off, the whole strand lit up. So STUPIDLY, I put them back on, and sure enough...they went off again!
More ripping and counting.

So this is what my trees look like still.
Blurry and half lit!
1 comment:
FRUSTRATING! This is when I say...save the frustration and go pay the money to buy a new one! It seems dumb, but at least you are happy and not frustrated! :) Good Luck!
Post a Comment