Granted, I'm sure it ended up in the hands of some other child instead of the lost and found at the school (because I searched in the lost and found for the jacket and it wasn't there). So maybe the child who has it, hopefully a girl, because there was flower fabric on the inside, really needed it and it was an answer to their prayers! A jacket! I know!
How could a jacket be an answer to any one's prayers? Look at the pictures below...
"When I was burning the pics I found a few more I really liked. I am so humbled by these kids. These are kids living in the Tag Ab Valley...the ones that all seem to be looking at the same thing are all looking at the coats.
Can you tell how much they want one by the look in their eyes?"
I'm so lucky for many, many reasons. This is the first time in my 13+ years of motherhood that I've experienced digging through the lost and found at the elementary school.
That can be frightening!
And, guess what. I'll just open up the closet and grab another jacket for Emma and I'll just pretend that her old one is on a beautiful little girl in Afghanistan.
Thanks to all you parents who's children have lost their coats at school. Think of it this way...they may just be helping a child in Afghanistan stay warm this winter!!
3 comments:
I think we mother's have all been through the 'lost jacket' experience, maybe more than once! Thank you for putting such a bright light on it and thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures. We are loving them and you guys.
Thanks for these inspiring pictures. I'm always tearing up when I read your blog. Thanks so much for your wonderful way of sharing your thoughts. We love you all!
Those pictures bring tears to my eyes! (You keep doing that)
You can tell from their eyes that they are so excited to receive a coat. Something that we take for granted will be in the closet.
Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment