One of the interpreters that works with Will is Harly, that's not his real name, but I don't think I should give out his real name...sadly enough, for security reasons! Will gave him my e.mail address and he has sent me a couple of letters. He's a really good man, and Will has really enjoyed working with him.
In his last letter he wrote a poem to our family. Here it is copied and pasted!
this is a poiem from me to ur sweet family.Do you know,tears can be some time more special than smile,,,smile given to any one but tears are only for thosepeople we dont want to loose..i hope u will like that poiem.
I have tears for A LOT of people then. I have tears for Will every day. I have tears for my SIL, Jane and her cute, darling girls in Kansas, who are also without their awesome husband and daddy who is in Iraq, almost everyday as well. Tears for so many people in my ward...I love my ward. They are so amazing to me and my kids and are so supportive of us! Tears for my kids when they do something that amazes me and impress me.
Sadly, tears also for people I never want in my life again. I wonder if those tears taste different? Tears of joy must taste sweet!
I am so proud of my kids...it brings tears to my eyes!!! How about that, Harly? They have done such a wonderful job without their dad here. They have grown and matured and been SO MUCH stronger than I have been and have helped me to be strong when I didn't want to be or didn't think that I could be.
This was going to be a really short post...but I have an overwhelming feeling in my heart of love for those around me and my kids who are so supportive and wonderful to us. Those around us are not necessarily near in location either!! I have wonderful friends all over the country...and I love them!
What would I have done during this deployment without my friends...old and new. They all came together to try to replace my EBFF (which is my Eternal Best Friend Forever).
I miss him most of all.
I still like to smile at everyone. If you're not happy...as my English teacher taught in college...FAKE IT 'TILL YOU MAKE IT! A smile can get you a long way!
I'm going to try to smile today...even though I don't want to!
3 comments:
love the poem. it made me smile.
I love you, Julie! You make me smile EVERY time I visit you. I know you don't feel it now, but I can tell that you are a very strong woman.
Julie,
I Love Harli's poem too. Tears are a natural part of seperation. Tears are the diamonds of our hearts desire. You have an amazing gift to smile through the sorrow. You are a master of that dazzling smile! Thanks for your sweetness next door.
I'm holed up with my Christmas lights and the walker for a while, but Lovin' you and thinkin' of you often. Keep smiling through the tears. I hope these last 2 months are filled with awesome memories and the strength that you exude. We love you, and pray for you and yours daily.
Pat
Post a Comment