Wednesday, February 25, 2009

For anyone concerned that there might be an odd odor coming from my house because I haven't done laundry in many, many days...it's not the laundry! It could be coming from Jay's room though! (Sorry, Jay. I love you...but your room stinks!)

The repair-man came almost an hour after the "window" was closed. Very aggravating. At first I thought that the problem was my fault, but indeed, the washing machine needed a new part and it wasn't just me adding too much soap that caused the weekend-ruining problem.

It works though. Beautifully!

I think the only reason my washing machine broke is because Will was going out of town and all-things-bad happen when Will is either out of town or about to leave. My luck. I had a flashback of sorts yesterday when I panicked about how I was going to get something done in the yard, and then it came to me...you don't have to, Will is home and he can do it! There are not words to express how glad/happy/excited/relieved I am to have him help with the yard this spring and summer. The only way to express how bad it was last year while Will was gone is that it...(and this is a very strong word for me to use) sucked!

Anyway...

Happily I can say that all my towels are washed and folded (could have been an Olympic event), all my darks are washed, but not folded, and I've done 2 loads of whites with 2 more to go and then the cold stuff. Then the rugs from the bathrooms and the kitchen, the sheets from all the beds and the drapes from my bedroom and bathroom, and the chicken/duck costume from Halloween which appeared from who-knows-where are next in line to take a turn in the newly-fixed, I'm-going-to-treat-it-a-little-nicer washing machine!

After all this mess, I decided to spoil myself and take all of Will's and Jay's white church shirts to the dry-cleaners to have them pressed for me. AHHHH! If I had money, I would do that ALL THE TIME!

1 comment:

Tuttle Family said...

your laundry reminds of something i saw today - a good old fashioned clothesline with HUGE whitey tighties out drying in the warm kansas wind.