Wednesday, February 4, 2009

INCENTIVE

Along with probably more than a million other people, we are trying to refinance to get that wonderful lower interest rate. ALL our dirty-laundry of debt is out in the open again for all to see...I hate doing this!

So yesterday I got a call from the appraisers office. They said they would be coming over today to appraise the house...YES! I knew that this was a perfect opportunity to get my children to clean their rooms...closets and all. (Too bad the appraiser doesn't look in drawers! Instead of clothes, I found a football, a bike helmet, 2 baseball hats and broken chess pieces in Jay's drawers...you bet I check my kid's drawers!) I stayed up until past midnight folding the mountain, which is an understatement of how much laundry I have piled in my laundry room, of laundry. Which was okay because it gave me a chance to catch up on my ever growing collection of shows recorded on my DVR - can't live without it!

Then a marathon morning of cleaning, vacuuming, dusting (holy cow my house is dusty!) and tweeking...not like this guy is going to care, but maybe the rest of my week will be less stressful because I've caught up on all the hate-to-do housework.

So the guy shows up, takes his shoes off and starts asking me questions. I'm holding Willie for obvious puppy-jumping reasons. And I give him the schpeel about all the reno/updating things. I then tried to entertain Willie so he doesn't follow this poor guy around the house and distract him from the smell of clean laundry which I'm sure makes my house worth more, right?

Could he give me a lower appraisal if he hates my dog?

I'm fixing myself a lumpy protein shake (gross) for breakfast when I see Willie...

chewing on this guy's shoe!!!

he has dragged it from the front door, to under the dining room table. Embarrassment. That's all I feel. I'm buying this dang dog a MUZZLE!!!

So thanks to the appraiser and his wet-chewed-on shoe...my house is clean. For a minute.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

We should just start a dog blog. Between the two of us I'm sure we could keep everyone entertained or at least prevent them from getting a dog if they don't already have one! ;)