You know...(said with an upward inflection)
I'm tired of being nice. I'm tired of being taken advantage of, stepped on, expected to, forgotten about, and bothered. I'm tired of being told that I can expect something to be done, and then when that time comes...it's not done, and of course I'm super sweet and nice and accommodating and "oh, it's okay...no big deal" when IT IS A BIG DEAL!
I've always lived my life not wanting to hurt anyone elses' feelings, but totally left it open for mine to be hurt. It's just Julie/Mrs. Biesinger/that lady...she won't care.
Anyway...I've cooled off now. I was a lot more mad about 2 hours ago, but after seeing flags lining a couple of streets here in town, knowing that someones husband/dad/brother/son/friend returned home from either Iraq or Afghanistan...and feeling that intense gratitude for my husband and for all those other men and women who serve our country, and being NICE to all the people who take that sacrifice for granted...and, after watching "Little House on the Praire" with my kids...I realize that being taken advantage of...in most of it's forms...is okay.
I think I'd rather be on the TAKEN-advantage-of side instead of the TAKING-advantage-of side. Being taken advantage of means that you've GIVEN. And as much as Will tells me that I shouldn't hold my frustrations in, and be honest with my feelings (which, I agree is a good thing to do) I'd rather keep the peace and give of myself...hopefully not to the point of my destruction!
So, I gave today. I eased someone's stress today by being "nice".
I can deal with it! As long as I have some chocolate and a diet coke by my side. DONE!
1 comment:
Here's a "shout-out" for you, Julie: I LOVE YOU, JULIE!! I THINK YOU'RE ONE OF THE MOST AWESOME PEOPLE I'VE EVER MET! I hope that helps you a little. I'm very sincere, too, in my words. I truly admire you.
Post a Comment