Thursday, February 19, 2009

To my dear Sweetheart!

Sixteen years ago, on Groundhog's Day...I got my most beautiful piece of jewelry.

In the early morning of a blowing, blizzard of a snowstorm up Hobble Creek canyon, Will kneeled down in his Buick Riviera (however that was possible!) and told me that it would be springtime for the rest of his life if I would be his wife.

Sometimes I feel like I've been El Nino in our marriage (If that's a word for stormy weather...that is me.)


I learned to use tweezers soon after this picture

We make a great team, Will and I. I'm so lucky to have him. A man who loves me for me and doesn't care how much I complain about my body, or how messy I think the house is, or that the kids are driving me CRAZY, or what color and length my hair is (he knows that he would prefer a long blond!) He still loves me.

He cooks for me, he cleans for me, he sacrifices for me, he works like no other man that I know...even harder than my dad...and asks for nothing more than for me to be happy. He lets me have my way and what I want and leaves the all-important decorating stuff up to me ;) He even rubs my feet at the end of the day when his feet have been farther and worked harder.

Sixteen years is a long time. It doesn't feel like we've been together for that long. Probably because he's been gone for almost half of all the birthdays and anniveraries and holidays...thanks to the military...but he sure makes up for lost time when he is home.

He's my best friend, and he lives his life to make me happy...and I know that I am lucky and blessed.

Thanks for the ring, Will. I love you! I can't wait to spend eternity with you!

No comments: