Monday, February 23, 2009

On the Road AGAIN!

I'm in sort of in a pouty mood.

Will left yesterday again for a couple of weeks to a "captains career course" at Ft. Jackson, South Carolina. I'm sure in military lingo it's CCC at FJ. Who knows! I'm not all that fluent in the military language...yet!

He didn't want to go either, but I know he'll be glad when he's completed the course. I didn't think that 2 weeks would be such a big deal until he left and now I realize that he wasn't home long enough to earn 2 weeks of leave from me. Getting him to the airport proved to be an ALL DAY experience! We left at 6:00 a.m. I dropped him off at the curb, gave him a hug and a kiss (and a hug and a kiss) and said goodbye until March 6. As I was getting off the freeway AT HOME, he called and said that he had been bumped off the flight and the next one wouldn't leave until 2 p.m.

No way was I going to let him sit in the airport for 6 hours, so I turned around and drove back to the airport (which was relaxing, strangely enough...no children) and we drove home until it was time to get him back up to the airport for his "flight"...I waited until I knew for sure he was going to make his flight and THEN I drove home.

On a side note, the billboard advertisements were very persuasive for me yesterday. As I drove past each one 6 times, it kind of made me want to get lipo-suction/dissolve/whatever. Cha-ching! Never mind.

Me and Will have this little joke between us that he "Threw off my groove"! -from one of my favorite movies- since he's been home from Afghanistan. "I'm sorry, you've thrown off the Emperor's groove."



It's been a much harder adjustment having Will home than I thought it would be. I definitely got into my own "groove" while he was gone. It was an absolutely stubborn, do-everything-by-myself-as-much-as-possible, never-let-anyone-see-me-cry, I'm FINE groove. Try breaking down THAT wall! But having him leave...again...for two "whoop-dee-doo weeks" is going to be harder than I thought.

I'm not sure if it's going to be - break out the big guns of chocolate - or - hallelujah, we can have cold cereal for dinner every night for the next 2 weeks!

In any case...I miss my bed-warmer, dinner-fixer-er, dish-doer, kids-player-wither, snuggle-er, love-him-to-death-er, sweetheart!

No comments: