Thursday, February 19, 2009

Spring is in the air!

Can you smell it?

I can't either. But I have seen signs that it's close.

1. Tanks and tatts GALORE at Walmart. It's still 40 degrees outside!! Coats should be required...SLEEVES should be required!!

2. My dog, Willie, doesn't want to come inside. First thing in the morning when I open the door for him to go outside, he reaches his nose out...nowhere close to being outside, but out far enough that he can feel if it's the right temperature for him to make his exit or not. He usually waits until the sun is full out (hallelujah for those days) and then he enjoys sitting under the big, awesome Elm tree in our front yard...in the mud...with his white hair.

3. This goes with number 2, because of the countless hours in each day that my hands are emerged in water (dog baths, dishes, mopping floors, miscellaneous cleaning, excessive hand washing)...the large gaps and fissures on my fingers are beginning to heal, with the help of multiple lotions, and prescription creams. I finally bought myself a pair of gloves to wash the dishes...which is where I saw the tanks and tatts...but I've only used the gloves once. They slow down the detestful-dish-doing!

4. My wonderful grandma Jane's beginnings of flowers are popping out of the dirt in the front and back yard...they're still alive! I'm doing something right!

5. I broke out the Easter decorations. All 2 of them! That doesn't include the multiple candy dishes overflowing (even for just a moment, thanks to my kids!) with my favorite Easter candy. And on the same tanks and tatts discovery adventure, I found peeps. Now in orange. Did they have orange peeps last year? And peeps aren't good until you almost pull a tooth out eating one! Not hard...just really chewy!

More than anything...I NEED spring. I need to open my windows and I need to see green grass and flowers just like you see on Teletubbies! That show always gives me spring fever...I know, most of it's fake.

My boots are ready for one last polish and back to the winter-wardrobe closet they go. My fat arms aren't ready to see the sun yet, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make!

1 comment:

Brookie said...

You are so funny! I love reading your blog. I am not ready for tats and tanks season, but I am ready for the nice WARM sunny weather with the telitubbies setting.