Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

I've not been in a very positive mood lately.  And I'm afraid my sour mood is contagious.  The weather is in a bad mood...my kids are in a bad mood...which makes an awful vicious cycle.  If the weather would cooperate and show a little sunshine, I might snap out of it.  An "X and O" from Will would be even better, though!!

Gloomy, dreary...or blustery - as Winnie the Pooh would say, is the best way to describe the view outside.  Days like these only makes it harder to get my...self...out of bed every morning and not long to get back into bed...which is why I make my bed IMMEDIATELY after I get up...who want's to make their bed TWICE in one day?

So, in realizing that my life is pretty fantastic...I found a few favorite things that made me happy today.

My daffodils and hyacinths are blooming...I might have grass stains on my stomach from laying in the grass and smelling my hyacinths! Mmmmm!

Don't these daffodils look so sad though?  I wanted to cut them and bring them into my house so that I could enjoy them, but then I wouldn't be able to enjoy them as I am leaving and coming home the 200 times a day I pull in and out of my driveway!

Every morning.  Willie's spot.  On the look-out for wandering cats to bark at.

A print I just got from a super cute etsy website that my good friend, Marie always posts pictures of.  My grandma Jane had a little fabric hanging sort of like this one hanging in her kitchen all the years I was growing up, except it said..."When life gives you lemons, make lemonade".

There's more sugar in Lemon Bars!

My new belt...or ribbon...or belt.  Whatever I decide that day.  It's kind of sad that my waist is as big around as the lampshade in my bedroom that I got ribbon to go around.  I have a couple of dresses that needed a little boost...so my mom and I were at my favorite little boutique and I spent, like, 30 minutes in the "kim-chi squat", as Will puts it, going through ribbon trying to decide what would be cute and not make me look like I was going though a mid-life crisis trying to look young and hip.  Because...like...I'm so young and hip!  So young and hip, that my legs fell asleep from squatting for so long.  The circulation is the first thing to go!

My most favorite thing in this world, however, will be arriving tomorrow afternoon...in a uniform, and probably smelling of kim-chi and garlic!  That's okay.  I'll probably smell of peeps and peanut butter cups!

No comments: