Friday, April 16, 2010

Destination Date weekend!

I wish that I was traveling my air, but...

I was just being jealous of the people in the planes above us as Will and I drove to St. George last weekend to go to a concert at Tuachan.  Will had to stop and talk on his phone for a minute and I...watched planes carry people to wonderful places (I'm sure)!

We've had this planned for a long time.  When Will found out that Five for Fighting was going to be there (you know them, right?...the theme song for "Extreme makeover...home edition - last years season, Superman, 100 years...kind of a singer/songwriter type band where he writes songs that tell a story and they don't always make sense...or rhyme), we bought tickets and planned the weekend, which worked out great because it was a great ending to his time away from us.  Wait!  This was withOUT children...of course!  Yes, I'm stingy when it comes to time alone with my hubby!

Tuachan is so awesome and the best part about the whole entire night...besides the fresh raspberry shake we got on our way home...was that I wore SANDALS!!!  Yes, open toed shoes!  It was so exciting!  I'm still having a hard time walking out the door without making sure I have all the proper winter attire, so it was a dream to let my glitter-toes breathe!  Then when we got there and there were girls wearing tank tops...I didn't feel so wild and crazy!

My new hobby...taking pictures from a moving car!  It was a theme for this trip!

My new motto:  If you see something wonderful that you think would make a great picture, and you want to get out of the car and take a picture of it...be the driver! Sorry Will...I still love you, but you need to catch on to my... "OOOOH!  I really want to take a picture of that/That would make a beautiful picture/I want to take your picture over there!!" hint!



Here's the band...with my awesome phone camera.  I want to take my nice camera everywhere, but I don't want to be told that I'm not supposed to use it, so I leave it.  Then I regret it.

True story...When I was in high school, I once went to a Tears for Fears concert at BYU and took a picture with my big, clunky polaroid camera...totally true!  I bet I still have it somewhere...hold on while I go look really quick...
Oh, my!  I even found the ticket!  And I so lovingly printed the letters T.F.F (which is for Tears for Fears, not True Friends Forever like Will thought) on a little piece of paper and adorned it with green (always my favorite color) hearts!  (LOOOOser!) Awww, the good old days of scrap booking with no scrap booking supplies!  And looking at the ticket, it was PRE high school, thank you very much!  Could I have been more nerdy?  I'm not sure if that word describes my weird-ness back then!  And the fact that I have these little mementos...and others like tickets from Corey Hart, Niel Diamond (what?) Garth Brooks and Howard Jones...does not prove that I'm a hoarder!

Back to now...

We had great seats - phone cameras don't zoom, do they? - and the concert was really, really good.  John is a great entertainer, although he did say that Tuachan was the last stop on their tour so I'm sure they had things memorized perfectly and the entertaining, story telling parts down to a science.  But being outside...listening to great music...with sandals...and a bag of skittles in my purse...with the love of my life...FABulous!
On our way home we drove around Sand Hollow Reservoir near St George...I totally understand why it was named SAND Hollow now!  Sand drifts!  Again, my picture taking skills from a moving car.

This is where Will is going to be competing (?...He doesn't care if he places...he just wants to do it!) in a tri-athalon next month.  Looks like fun, huh?  (seriously? do you think it does?) All I can think of is how HOT it's going to be next month and maybe that I could get a good tan.  And hopefully it's not windy...gasping for breath while running and biking and getting a lung full of sand does not sound healthy in the least!  It's already in the 80's down south now.  He's just excited to be doing another one.  He's had goals of competing in several during the year, but his life gets micro-managed by me.

And I cook with too much cream of chicken soup!

I would like to show you all the other pictures I took, but they're in my head because Will didn't stop the car. (not that I asked him to...he just didn't read my mind and get the hints of me holding my camera and taking pictures from inside the car.  I did tell him I wanted to take a picture of a certain cactus as we drove by...he said okay.  No brakes used!)  Really, the whole reason for the detour was for him to see what's headed for him.

Hills and heat...that's what's heading for him!

1 comment:

LeMira said...

We almost bought tickets to that concert because we knew we were going to be in St. George that weekend. I'm glad it was a good one, and it was SUCH a beautiful night.