Usually I really, really, really look forward to my weekends. But this past weekend made me excited for Monday...and the universe knows how much I hate Mondays!
My weekend included...
Young Women's Camp Retreat at a cabin at Sundance...we had so much fun!
Head lice. (yeah...that was a fun part...and not on me or my children, btw!)
Leaky bathroom tub faucet which Will spent the ENTIRE day fixing on Saturday. 60 year old pipes have a way of not wanting to be removed. And jobs like this always have to include the mandatory trip to Home Depot for no less than $200!
Lazy, ornery children, (what??? That almost NEVER happens!!), and
Yard work, where I sustained many wounds from the rose bushes and today...still...I can't touch my toes because my hamstrings are so stiff from bending over and pulling weeds, not to mention my poor, cracked, bleeding fingers!
You're not a real woman if you don't do yard work!! (and draw blood from doing it!!)
This is one of MANY piles from my days' labor. Will just took a truck load of yard clean-up stuff to the dump this morning. Love the yard...hate the work! The spring work, that is. Once it's under control it's so wonderful to sit back and enjoy the yard, especially on days like Saturday where there are baby sheep baaa'ing in the backyard and, what I like to call ooompa loompa music, playing across the street! Will and I decided that we actually quite like the music.
So to celebrate the positive side - and my new camera lense (:)) - I'll post these lovelies!
Mmmm! Fragrant blossoms! So THAT'S what I get for all the hard manual labor? DEAL!
New flower pots. Huge flower pots! I think it will take 4 bags of dirt to fill these monsters! But I can't wait for the end result! I think I may have caused quite a scene loading these monstrous, heavy pots into the carts. But I guess, not a big enough scene that anyone tried to help me
My fountain cherub, who can't wait to be cleaned and sparkly again soon!
My funny Willie...who is getting his hair cut today, thank goodness...on his throne under his tree, observing the world and wanting to attack it by the pant leg!
My handsome Will! He got to be the first picture I took with my new lense!
Saturday night BBQ! We emptied the freezer and I'm happy to say that we did not eat all of this food. There were leftovers!
And how can a weekend be successful without smeary, muddy dog paw prints all over the windows?
Monday was still bad, so...bring it on Tuesday!

No comments:
Post a Comment