** procrastination-disclaimer**
I feel like a total loser of a person today. Not only as a person/woman, but as a mother. Church happened to be one of those Sundays when I realized that I'm doing more wrong than I am doing right. I hate it when I feel this way and digging my way out of my self-pity-hole is overwhelming. And then I notice that I still have Easter stuff that is sitting and waiting for me.
Great!
Come on, Julie...get on the ball!!
It's the time of year again for dyed eggs, dyed fingers and dyed eggs in the potato salad! It's just not Easter unless there's a hit of blue or pink in the potato salad, right!
And another Easter without Will. Sooo...that's different from any other year, how? You ask?
Ryan and Kristy had us to their home for FHE and between Kristy and I, we had over 70 boiled eggs for the kids to color! Coloring eggs always stresses me out. Our kids have been at the age where the coloring spills all over and colors the counter tops, or they thought it was a punch to drink and discovered that just because it looks thirst-quenchingly good but smells nasty, means that it does, in fact, taste nasty too!
Halle and Jessica
Jay is getting less and less interested in stuff like this. It's art-sy, so the girls liked it, but pretty soon it's just going to me me and Emma doing all these fun, (extremely time consuming) holiday traditional things. So I have no pics of Jay...most of my other pictures didn't turn out because I refuse to use a flash inside...still learning these camera tricks...but pictures or not, we had a great time. Grumpa even got involved and colored eggs. That has NEVER happened in my 38 years on this earth. NEVER! I hope my kids realize the significance of that event!


No comments:
Post a Comment