...for another "gym saga"?
Well, here one is. I can't say that it's really a saga...just something else that makes going to the gym a little more interesting every morning (okay...some mornings)! Rodney (Starman) and "Chester Molester" as we have affectionately named him...are not in this story. Although, I hope someone at the gym has current CPR skills, because I'm afraid that "Chester" is going to have a heart attack on his treadmill! Seriously, he huffs and puffs, complete with cheeks full of air as he blows out, all while walking at 3.2 mph (somewhere around that speed anyway).
This is about a new guy, who has decided with the help of a friend, to take on the step classes and teachers and tough as nails ladies in the morning classes and complain about the noise coming from the cardio room. From experience, it gets really hot in there. Even with the fans all going and the air conditioner (maybe it's just recirculated air) it gets really stuffy so we usually prop the doors open with a big disk weight. With the door open, obviously anyone outside is going to hear the music that is playing and the teacher who wears a microphone so she can teach the class. The thing about the gym is, that there are TV's everywhere, the gym channel is constantly playing music/videos which are heard throughout the gym. Then, if you get close to the cardio-cinema, you can hear what movies are playing in there also. The mirrors in the cardio room vibrate while some movies are playing in the cinema room!
It's a building with noise in it! That's why most people wear earphones and listen to what they want!
Well, apparently, this guy and his friend can't have a quiet conversation while working out on the weight machines, (Holly says they debate - she says that while rolling her eyes - obviously, they don't keep their conversations to themselves) so they complained to the two employees at the front desk about the noise from the classes, and those two employees TOTALLY stood up for the teachers in the cardio room, which made the two guys mad...so they complained to corporate and the two employees got in trouble!
Don't mess with the morning ladies at the gym! Especially if one of those ladies is my sister, Jill.
The employees had to report what had happened and I guess it all kind of blew over because the employees stayed, the class room doors are still open and the music and the microphone is just as loud.
So what did these guys do to get even? They came into the classes, DURING class, and went to the front of the room where the teacher was and had their very important conversations, very loudly. Not just once, but almost every day. They came in to stretch and talk!
Things have settled down a bit lately. One guys still comes in to stretch...without his friend. I think they know now that things aren't going to change. Why do people have to find so many little things to complain about?
So there's no real drama in the mornings anymore, just a lot of looks between a bunch of us like...there's you-know-who!
So last Friday night, Will and Jay were on a scout camp-out so I took the girls to dinner at a restaurant downtown. On our way out, I had given the girls a quarter to get a gum ball (I didn't say it was a fancy restaurant) and I was waiting for them with the door wide open and I saw "debate man" lets call him...on a date!!!!!...not sure if he's married, I can't imagine him being married! So, being the nice girl that I am (eh-hem!), I got out of the way and held the door WIDE open for them to come in. Well, the door is a double door and the other door also opens, so instead of coming through the side which was already open, he blocked his date from going in the door I was holding open and opened the other door. They both walked in and didn't even acknowledge I was standing there holding the door open for them!
WHAT?
I can't imagine that he recognizes me from the gym...maybe...but are you kidding me? What a JERK!!
I choose to pick my battles though! I don't have enough energy to waste on jerks in the morning. I'm there to burn my calories and get out!
Unless giving crusty looks burns extra calories - then I'm all over that!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment