Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back to the past again.
Will has been gone a week today. It sure seems like it's been a lot longer than that! I can't decide if that's good or bad. Good in that time seems to be going faster, and bad in that it must have been a really - excuse my french - CRAPPY week for it to seem so long.

On Tuesday after I took Will to the airport, I came home and lovingly and longingly looked at my unmade bed and then decided to start my day instead of crawling back in. I kind of had in the back of my mind that I was going to end the day in an increasingly sad, state of despair. I went to work for most of the day and when I got home I don't even remember what I did. I do know, to no one's surprise, that the kids were on their own for dinner. Gourmet noodles and leftovers of some sort.

I read for a while and then climbed right into my bed. Clothes and all. It felt so good. I'm not sure how long I was asleep. My kids only bothered me a dozen or so times, and when I woke up it was still light so it must not have been for very long. I heard the kids outside. They had been entertaining themselves while I sulked and cried. I looked out my bedroom window and the sidewalk in front of our house and our driveway were completely covered....in sidewalk chalk drawings....cute ones that made me laugh and cry.

Since we didn't take a family picture while Will was here...Emma went ahead a drew one of us! Willie's even in there...on a leash being walked by Will! Lauren's high heel shoes are loverly! And Jay's diggin' the bell bottoms! Don't you just love the way kindergartners see the world? I'm skinny with blond hair!!
My sweet kids! They look so sweet in still pictures, but as they were drawing right here they were fighting over some random thing. It's CHALK for goodness sake!
Katie had drawn a path that lead to "happ"y"ness" and anyone who walks in front of our house is going to be well wished a Happy Halloween!

Lauren's made me cry.

Then there's Jay's....away go the well wishings for a Happy Halloween! And Willie ate 2 pieces of the sidewalk chalk.

I think he's half goat!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

So sweet. I miss chalk art on my sidewalks. Can you send them down to do some for me?

Graciesmom said...

I love it! Your kids are so cute.
I do think you dog is half goat though. First pumpkins and now sidewalk chalk :)
Lunch was so fun, let's do it again soon!

Brookie said...

How sweet! I love them!