I finally decided to face the reality of my life. I ran out of pictures of Will here at home and now it's time to accept the fact that he's gone again and post some more pictures of Will's life a half a world away!
There is no way I can explain these pictures like Will can. He has hundreds of them, maybe even thousands! He and the other guys on his team all combine them together. Sometimes one guy is driving and another commanding and so the gunner will take pictures as they drive. I'm not sure if that's a good idea...the gunner to be shooting pictures instead of the gun...but it's been okay so far!
So...back to the sand....

This is Kuwait. Will stayed there while waiting to get a flight back home for his R & R. He said he would rather deploy 2 more times to Afghanistan than to deploy even once to Kuwait. Before they exited the plane in Kuwait, they were told that it might be wise that if they had eye protection, to put them on. Will said it's a flat, windy oven! Tents FULL of bunks for soldiers waiting to either go home on leave, or get into country. Tent City!

Random, I know...but if you ever wondered what makes up an IED...this does! Some locals allerted them to this IED, which had not been assembled yet. The Taliban usually drops off the components and then someone else comes behind and puts them together and in place. They were lucky that the locals cooperated and informed them of this one. The Taliban is trying really hard to buy off locals to not cooperate with any friendly forces.

Will's new ride! The COUGAR! He proudly told me the other day that he is now a qualified Cougar operator! These were promised to Will's team while they were still in Kansas. They just got them at the end of September. They're supposed to be more IED proof and they fit more soldiers. Will says they're really cool!

An Afghani kitchen...nose pickings are extra!!
This is how and where the ANA food is cooked! I love my stuff, thank.you.very.much and I'm not so hungry anymore!

Ahhh, just like home. Except I don't make Will mop up human feces off our floor!
and yes, ladies....he does do it ALL!
This is a new place they have been getting ready to move into. The ANA was very lazy during Ramadan, and so Will and a couple of his team-mates decided to move things along and get this place cleaned up.

It's an old Chinese post and has been occupied for a long time by wanderers. It's further east than they were before at Nagahlu....not liking the things that I am hearing about this area...but it's progress!

ANA guard post

Two friends greeting each other. I'm not sure if I would feel so safe at this guard post. Not because two men are hugging, but because it's being held up and together by....not much! Please don't sneeze while on guard duty! I'm sure it's whatever keeps you cool!
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing those pictures! Your family is so wonderful :)
Post a Comment