Friday, October 3, 2008

So much for R & R!! I can't get Will to stop working. He was supposed to come home for some rest and relaxation! Things I had planned to do before he got home, sadly never got done. (Who is surprised by that one?) So when he saw the tree my sisters gave me for my birthday, (love you Beckie and Holly!) and the pitiful job I had done with trying to remove the Oregon grape monster that had taken over that corner so I could plant said tree, he quickly, and most efficiently dug a hole to China and planted my tree for me! He makes my heart go pitter-pat with all his accomplishing enthusiasm!

Before he had even been here a week he had a truckload of yard waste to take to the dump and the sprinkling system re-vamped and the back patio re-sealed and the WHOLE YARD fallen-leaf-free with the leaf blower!! And, might I add, dinner made almost every night! Boy do I feel like a loser. When Will's around, things get DONE! (and he looks a lot better doing them than I do!)

I managed to pull him away from physical labor for an afternoon and we drove up Hobble Creek canyon to see the fall colors. When Will and I were driving home from Park City, I was trying to take pictures of the mountains, rather nerdily I must say, and all the beautiful colors as we drove...you'd think I'd never seen fall colors before, but this year I guess we caught them at their peak. My camera does the fall colors NO JUSTICE.

Like so many things, we can't take it with us, we only have our memories...so I've ingrained the beautiful colors in my mind as well as the memories of being with Will and my kids.

Will - finally driving his truck and loving every minute of it...He laughs at the UAV's (up-armored vehicles) in Afghanistan and at their great lack of acceleration. 0 to 55 in 10 minutes!

Who taught Jay gang signs? Katie Jane and Lauren having fun on the way up the canyon and Willie not having so much fun as seen by his ears which are down...he almost has a glare on his face and if we could only understand dog-speak he would probably be counting to 10!! What a trooper he is sometimes!
We drove as far up the canyon as we could and then hiked for a while.
Again, camera...no justice. Never impulse buy anything from the Oprah's Favorite Things show!!
We're so happy, we're glowing....NOT....dang camera!

I love this picture.
Emma decided that she was too tired and hungry on the way back and stopped and sat down on a rock. Her delay only made us hungrier! She is such a lovely almost-six-year-old sometimes!
Maybe we could have eaten these berries if we got too hungry! The kids are getting too big to push anymore so I play the part of the party-pooper and stay in the car to take pictures of my family having fun. It's sure is nice having Will around to be the fun parent again!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Julie, I can't remember if I have left a comment on your blog before. I have been "lurking" your blog for a month or so now. Not sure if you even remember me, this is Michelle Zenger (Sherman). Chery Winget led me to your blog. Anyhow, just wanted to let you know that I love reading your blog. I am so proud of you for being so brave to live without your husband for such long periods of time while he is off protecting the rest of us. You are awesome and tell him THANK YOU! I have a blog too, if you are interested email me at theshermans6@gmail.com (we had to go private, but I can send you an invite)

Brookie said...

Oh Julie!
When does he have to go back? I love all your pictures. Reading your blog now just makes me so happy. Your family is just so cute! Anyway, I also love that fall picture, it is beautiful! Enjoy your time left! lOVE YOU!

Graciesmom said...

Love the pictures!