Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween 2008

After today, I relinquish my duties of pumpkin carver extraordinaire, and give it back to my sweet, patient, artistic husband, Master-Carver, Will.

I'm the cleaner-upper. NOT.THE.CARVER!

And you know, carving pumpkins always go smoother with a Diet Coke in your system!

I did a good job, I think. The kids were pleased and I really only helped Lauren and Emma. I'm still a little, or a lot, paranoid about a sharp knife being used by children to cut into something which is "flesh-like". I even have a hard time controlling the knife. And those tiny little pumpkin carving kit knives work good, but when you have ZERO skin on the 'bend-part' of your pointer finger on your right hand from raking 3 tons of leaves...those little knives are hard to use.

Last year we were in our old kitchen or grandma Jane's kitchen, so we really missed our dad/expert pumpkin carver this year in our new kitchen.



We've officially hit the "smiling is NOT COOL" stage, which comes after the "funny face and hand signs" stage! WOW he needs a haircut!!


didn't Katie Jane do a great job?


The girls ended up using rubber cloves to clean their pumpkins out with. I remember being grossed out by the pumpkin guts too, but PLEASE!!



and Willie waited patiently for any seeds or guts that made it to the floor, then he would half chew them up and leave them on the floor to be stepped on!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

1 comment:

LeMira said...

I love the buck-teeth on Emma's pumpkin!