Monday, January 19, 2009

Greetings from Afghanistan

Will received an e.mail from one of the interpreters he worked with, Yousuf. I thought this was really funny. Will said they write exactly the way they speak.

HI MY DEAR
firts of all i say hello to y and to yr family. then i remember to say happy christmas.but i am so sarry becuase that time i was in the wsben doramdoram ekhdan messine.whene i come back i cheked my mail i saw yr message i beceme very excited.
have a GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD time.sir


And then we got this Christmas card from another interpreter, Harly (which is not his real name...I don't know why they call him Harly).

Dear Sir

i hope u have a nice movment of christms with ur sweet family and u have alot of fun with ur familay.
Love,An Admirer


I'm so glad that I don't have to learn English as a second language. I make a fool of myself as it is trying to speak English...and I took English classes in college...and aced them too!

No comments: