As we drove up Provo Canyon, Will kept telling the kids how PERFECT this day was for skiing. It had just snowed the night before and the drive up was beautiful, yet my anxiety levels were off the charts because of the road conditions, but there was perfect, famous Utah powder when we got there.
They had so much fun and got to experience the pleasure of sore muscles...for a few days! Our neighbors, the Warrens, work up there and were absolutely awesome at getting us taken care of and making us feel comfortable.
Emma liked it so much that she came home from school this week with this picture...
Will was so glad that the kids got this opportunity. There ARE some perks with the military sometimes, and this was one of them. Each of the kids got a grant while Will was gone and we thought this would be an activity that they could use and remember for the rest of their lives.
I've only been skiing once in my life...in middle school, I think. I came home and slept for 17 hours after, too. Will has enjoyed skiing since he was about 8 or 9...but since he married me, the money has gone elsewhere...(clearing throat)
Will and I enjoyed a cup of hot chocolate laced with pure gold (it must have had gold in it because it was $3 per cup...non refillable!) and an EXTRA large cookie...with gold in it too!
The ride back home was filled with wonderful sounds of QUIET...my lovely, exhausted, sleeping, skiing children and my sweetheart, Will!

1 comment:
Good for them! I wish I knew how to "sce" too. :)
Post a Comment