
Being where I am now, this last year has gone really fast. Yet, in many moments of this last year...time has CRAWLED!!
Feeling sorry for myself because I was losing my grandma to the next life, and my husband to Afghanistan. Mowing the lawn, while crying because I was so tired and overwhelmed with YARD, and not EVER, EVER, EVER wanting to hear the word "mom" again. Dealing with a dumb truck (well, truck dealer) and vacations sans sweetheart...but I made it through all those times because I had my sweet grandma Jane's voice saying
"You'll be just fine. You can do it!"
It was a year ago today, December 19th, that she passed away. I miss her and her absolutely logical reasoning. She spoiled all of us. It's been one year of celebrating all the holidays that she loved to enjoy and she has been present for every one...in spirit.
She loved Christmas, and pink...thus her PINK Christmas tree.
I miss her, I love her, I'm proud to be her granddaughter. Someday I will be able to hold as may cards in my hands as she did while playing "grandma's card game"! And be able to figure out large businesses' estimated tax amounts due with only a ten-key calculator and a retractable pencil.
2 comments:
aww. Your cute, little grandma. And I feel so bad when I think of you crying while mowing and feeling overwhelmed. I NEVER take for granted anyone who serves abroad or anyone who is left behind to deal and to cope. It amazes me. I am SO SO glad Will is home and can't believe I missed that story on the news. If I posted that last week, forgive me. Pregnancy brain. . . .
She sounds like she was a truly wonderful person. Grandmas are the best :)
Post a Comment