Thursday, January 1, 2009

Starting 2009 in the spotlight...


Click HERE to watch a story channel 5 did on Braden's Eagle project!


Is time going faster? or is it just me? I remember last new years eve very well. I was having a hard time enjoying the evening. I knew that 2008 was going to be hard and long...and lonely. It was.


BUT...we did it because we had to and because we were blessed with so much support from friends and family...and angels. I know I've said it before, sorry if anyone is tired of hearing it, but there were many times when I know that I was carried.


So I'm excited to start this year. At almost 1 o'clock this morning after coming home from our new years eve party, I told all the kids that no matter what (!!!!) they were NOT to wake me or Will up...especially to ask what was for breakfast. We were going to spend the day in our jammies and watch movies.


AHHHH!!! Doesn't that sound nice?


Still in bed. Phone rings. SLC number. Will answers and it's channel 5 wanting to stop by to interview him about Braden Welburns Eagle project. They were going to Nephi and then stop by at our house on their way back to SLC.


PANIC!


I felt like a total failure. I know that it's not a realistic, or admirable, or uplifting or even an attainable goal, but why can't my house be perfect and ready and clean at a moments notice like I want it to be when I need it to be?


I was whipping the girls' hair into ponytails and wiping off my makeup from yesterday to add a new layer before the news camera got here. Willie didn't get the bath that he desperately needed...neither did I, but thank goodness to large amounts of hairspray, my hair took mere seconds! And thanks to Will, the house was clean...


They filmed outside!


Will and Braden did a great job. The news girl, Sarah, thought that Braden was a neat young man and was very impressed with him. I'm glad that this story is getting so much recognition. It's nice to hear positive news once in a while, huh?


Bring on tomorrow!

No comments: