Beginning next phase
of my life.....NOW!
I'll "keeerack" open a can of Diet Coke for this post...as a celebration of sorts!
My baby, which Emma hates being called BTW, went to her first day of kindergarten today. Was I sad to see her go? Ummmm.....not really! I love her and all, and I love all my kids, but school truly is, as the Staples/Office Max (forget which one) commercial says, "The most wonderful time of the year!" Christmas is totally awesome too!
My baby, which Emma hates being called BTW, went to her first day of kindergarten today. Was I sad to see her go? Ummmm.....not really! I love her and all, and I love all my kids, but school truly is, as the Staples/Office Max (forget which one) commercial says, "The most wonderful time of the year!" Christmas is totally awesome too!
me: Can I fix your hair really cute and pretty for your first day of school, Emma?emma: NO! I want piggy-tails!
me: Can I braid your piggy-tails or fish-tail them then?
emma: NO! I just want them straight! And I want one pink and one green elastic!
me: (keeping the peace and giving her what she wants.)
me: Do you want me to walk you to school for your first day?
emma: No, I'll walk with Katie and Lauren
me: (still in gym clothes, but still following with the camera!)
Emma told me when she was in preschool, and I would have just gotten home from the gym, that she didn't want me to take her into her school anymore because I don't look very good. How and when is a mom supposed to get her calories burned off so she can eat like a pig if it's not first thing in the morning...yes, sometimes or almost ALWAYS I'm still in my gym clothes when school starts! But apparently, I don't look good. I already knew that!
Emma's teacher is Mrs. George. Emma is so independent it makes me proud and sad at the same time. I miss having young little kids' cheeks to kiss. When they get older they don't smell as good and their cheeks aren't as pudgy...I'll get over it!Can I be considered an empty-nester yet? What do they call moms who's kids are all in school?
HAPPY!!!
4 comments:
Sometimes when they're late or it's snowing I drive the kids (yes, around the block) in pj's and no bra. It is times like that that I think, "this is the day I will get rear-ended and have to talk to everyone like this..."
WOW! All of your kids in school. What a feeling.
Congrats on sending all the kids off to school! I would just like to say that Staples is wrong, however, at least to me. School is the most STRESSFUL time of the year! All you empty nest mommies are sending 25 of your kids to one poor teacher! AAAAHHH!!!
Congrats! I love how you followed her there anyway! :)
Post a Comment