Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I remember when....

I went to Jr. High - and I wore black eyeliner

I was in 6th grade and I got sent home for wearing walking shorts...they were to my knees, people!

I was in 4th grade and...that's too long ago for me to remember.

I love you Jay, Katie Jane and Lauren. I'm glad you had a good first day at school.

Today was the first time I cried when sending any kids to school (yes, even kindergarten I didn't cry. That was a "hallelujah" all three times and the fourth and final time will also be a "hallelujah"). Taking Jay to Jr. High and feeling like I was feeding him to the wolves was hard. How come it's still so hard to give up control? And why do I still think that my kids can't do ANYTHING without me? I'll send them out to the wolves, but I want to be standing by with a ginormous can of pepper spray or something to maim the wolves! You really have to practice a lot of faith in raising kids and hope that you've taught your kids well and they CTR!! I love my kids and I am proud of them.
BTW - Emma starts KINDERGARTEN next week...one looooonnnnng week away for Emma!

1 comment:

LeMira said...

I think you have some of the greatest kids! (I know I don't have to live with them.)