We had two awesome neighbors set up a fun day for us today. We started out at home, had a small "Olympics" at the school park and then got clues to go to a park near the Provo Temple. This is after a morning of trying to fix bikes for part of our activity. I can proudly say that I fixed a bike tire for the first time ever - took the back tire off, replace the tube and got it back on. I even had the black, greasy hands to prove it! (and the sweat and the ANGER & FRUSTRATION!)

Jay has conquered that rock! Us girls will give him the rock, because he can't have the house!!

after a short game of...water balloon tossing...we got our next clue to go to Bridal Veil Falls

We rode our bikes down a path for a while, Emma kept turning around and telling me, "Come on mom, you can do it!" I know it's been a while, okay a decade or more, since I've been on a bike that physically moved forward - the gym bikes don't count, eh? But I must have looked horribly uncomfortable and WRONG for a 5 year old to be telling me I was okay! After the bike lesson, we walked up to the falls. I have never done that before. How long have I lived here? I remember driving by the falls countless times in my life. It's a sure "must do" when Will comes home. It wasn't even a hike to get there. It was more like a stroll. No hills, it was paved and there were tables and grass all along the way. You could hear the rushing Provo river next to the path and hear the occasional ambulance/fire truck going up the canyon...along with complaining children every once in a while (mine only)

Lauren wondered if you touched the water as it fell, if it would cut your finger off. That's one dare I really don't want to try. How and why do kids think of things like that?

My SHADY kids, or rather, a shady picture of my kids!

next stop...BYU Creamery! Pralines & Creammmmmmmm!
When we got home, Pat had paper for all the kids to trace themselves and color themselves. I'm proud to say that all of my children are old enough to know that they color on the paper and not on themselves...anymore.
The kids even exchanged gifts they had picked out for each other. Pat took them to the $ store and let them loose with $2 each!! They actually did really well! Don't get me wrong - the niceness lasted only until the paper was ripped off and then the rude/mean comments started flying between siblings!
Katie's new look!!

Lauren, my sugar girl, got the best gift of all - a Kit Kat bar....which was breakfast the next morning!!
No comments:
Post a Comment