Emma could only open her eyes THIS long! Again, my mothering skills have failed me. Not only did Emma teach herself to ride a bike, she also taught herself how to SWIM! Do you think she can teach herself multiplication and division? Here's hoping!
In the evenings, when there's not much more to do that watch TV or play the ONE game that's at the condo (Book Of Mormon Guess Who!), the kids make up very inventive and interesting games. The third night we were there, they played "massage parlor". I guess they're picking up on my latest "MUST HAVE" I tell them the same thing about getting a massage as I do when they want their own box of chocolates. "When your husband is in Afghanistan, you can have your own!"
I was worried about bringing Willie down, but he was perfect (Grumpa!) I think he got a little stir crazy because we couldn't let him out to play as much as he usually does. I did take him for a long walk on Monday night and almost wrenched my back by dodging LIZARDS....all.over.the.place. Willie would run from one to another, just about breaking his neck pulling the leash so hard - he's fast, but not that fast. Trying NOT to step on a lizard took constant, steady concentration. For all you lizard lovers - no lizards were squished during the course of our walk!
I almost hate them as much as mice - ewwww!
Time to go home. School must begin. Kids must complain.
Mom must rejoice.
No comments:
Post a Comment